- This event has passed.
Canceled: Safe Communities Act Hearing
December 2, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Due to the impeding storm, this event has been cancelled. Stay tuned for a new date.
Did you know the 175,000 undocumented residents of the Commonwealth live in a constant state of fear of deportation? That number of people could fill two and a half Gillette Stadiums or close to five Fenway Parks! Passage of the Safe Communities Act will ensure both the fair treatment of undocumented people and public safety.
Please join us at the public hearing for the Safe Communities Act on Monday, December 2, 2019 at 10 am in Gardner Auditorium at the State House. RSVP and/or volunteer for a shift.
Gardner Auditiorium needs to be filled all day so we are signing up for shifts. ROYAL BLUE is the color of support.
If you can’t make it to the hearing, no problem! There are many ways to support the campaign:
1. CALL AND VISIT your legislators that day—even if you are or are not attending the hearing. We know the opposition loves to mobilize via phone calls. Let’s drown them out with our support calls.
- Rep. Denise Garlick 617-722-2380
- Sen. Becca Rausch 617-722-1555
- Sen. Mike Rush 617-722-1348
2. SHARE the Facebook event to your networks.
3. DONATE to get buses of affected communities to the hearing. We know personal stories get legislators to listen!
4. MORE INFO Here is a link to social media graphics, postcards, factsheets and more: SCA TOOLKIT
We see the horror stories at the border. But we can make a difference for immigrants right here in the Commonwealth. Hope to see you there!